Sunday, June 3, 2012

Naaresh

I have to go on record as saying I'm not a fan of this model.  Its way too busy, and the pose could've been so much cooler.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for detail, but it should have a purpose beyond extra frills.  

I painted this model over and over trying to find all the flaps of skin against the embedded pieces of metal, and I still see stuff that needs fixing - what a chore.  And the face is a mess.  

I like smooth lines.  Naaresh is anything but.  He's got all this great musculature, but then its completely broken up all the crap sticking in him.  And the weapons, while presented menacingly enough, are not positioned for use.  

I love Privateer Press' miniatures the vast majority of the time and I'm very much a fanboi.  I really enjoy painting them, and I would submit that the Legion of Everblight line is perhaps the best fantasy miniature collection available.  But here it very much appears to me that they wanted a Nihilator warlock, and the solution to how to present it was to cover it in more bling.  He must be important!  Look at all his extra stuff!

Anyway, just not very fun. . . but here he is.




No comments:

Post a Comment