Sunday, June 26, 2011

Bane Thralls Finished!

It took a couple of weeks, but I've finally got these bad mofos complete.  First a group shot:


Colors were as follows:


  • Metal - Stoney Gray, Cloudy Gray, Rainey Gray (Reaper Master Series), Glaze Black*, Glaze Flesh Wash (GW), highlight with the same series of grays
  • Purple - Hexed Lichen (Vallejo), Warlock Purple (GW), Warlock/Tentacle Pink (GW) 1/1, Glaze Black, highlight with same progression of purple
  • Wood - Bestial Brown (GW), Bleached Bone (GW), Glaze Flesh Wash, retouch Bleached Bone
  • Bone - Bleached Bone, Black Glaze, Bleached Bone, Bleached Bone/White 1/1

*I make my own glazes using Liquitex Matte Medium, Inks, and good old H20

Here's a couple pics of a grunt for closer detail


Finally, here's a close-up on the leader.  Eventually I'll work up something for his banner, but until I come up with a united theme for the army runes I'm going to hold off.

No comments:

Post a Comment